Thursday, May 3, 2012

High Maintenance

Good morning!  What a gorgeous morning in central Nebraska!  Last night was a different story though.  As is very common in Nebraska, our weather was crazy.  Strong storms were predicted and all of us had an eye to the sky on guard for a twister.  However, in our neck of the woods, we escaped any tornado activity.  In fact, it was more like the fourth of July with lots of pretty lightning.  Just south of us, Hastings got HUGE hail- softball sized in fact.  It truly is day to day in knowing what to expect.  We can literally have one day of bright, sunny skies, and the next: snow on the ground!

Speaking of weather, when you are a high maintenance girl like me, weather can be more than just annoying.  I have my hair, makeup, and clothes down to a science and when wind, rain, snow, etc. mess with that;  well it's kind of like a cat jumping on your computer and hitting the delete button after an hour's worth of unsaved work.  Today the song, High Maintenance by Joanna Cotten came on my playlist and I had to giggle because I am pretty sure she wrote the song for me:)  Here are a few lyrics:

You gotta curl them lashes
You gotta line them lips
You gotta know what flatters
the curviture of your hips.
We need a lot of experts
We're hiding every flaw
Going up against gravity
Breaking every natural law.
From head to heel
We gotta pump this up
It takes a whole lotta work
To get to that good love
It's HIGH MAINTENANCE!

I am always looking for that cute outfit, that new pair of killer heels, or that next magic mascara!  I have come to love Latisse and my husband's new foray into Botox!  Some call me shallow, but I like to call myself high maintenance because I truly do love to help others... I just really want to look good doing it! 

I am also addicted to working out.  I adore a long run and hate gyms but will saunter into them for the newest butt kicking workout.  I really do love Zumba, Body Pump, and Jillain Michaels Ripped in Thirty.  As I am approaching 40- ugh- I have found that I have to watch my diet more.  So I watch my carbs, I drink my protein shakes after workouts and I live my life as healthy as possible without giving up the fun!

Better get back to work- I am a Mental Health Therapist at the High School and the proud mom of Lexi (7) and Sam (2).  Hugs and Kisses to all you other high maintenance mamas and know that you can also enjoy Cows and Couture all in the same day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment