Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ahoy Hoy!

Hello everyone! Caroline has graciously invited me to be part of her fabulous blog because a) I'm too lazy to start my own and b)I love cows AND couture too! And I love my dear friend Caroline also. She has made Central Nebraska feel like home to me. 
Freezing our buns off at the charity shoot
What cemented the friendship between us? Well, many things. But I was say the one thing we have in common is love of FOOD. Caroline and I can eat like two long haul semi drivers at a late night buffet. We discovered a mutual love of club sandwiches early in our friendship. But the one thing that has really brought together:


THE NOTHING BUNDT CAKE
I discovered these tasty little treasures a couple of years ago when they opened a bakery in my hometown of Omaha. At first, I was like, "there's no way this place will make it! JUST bundt cakes?! NOTHING bundt cakes?!?"
Then I tried a white white chocolate. Oh my.
The cake is very moist (ew I hate that word) and the cream cheese frosting is absolutely decadent. They have many flavors such as lemon (Caroline's fave), chocolate chocolate chip, red velvet, marble (my favorite). And look how cute they decorate them for special occasions:


Anytime I'm in Omaha (which is quite often...can't take the city outta the girl!), I text Caroline and see what she wants. Usually she orders a few bundtlets and I'm more than happy to pick them up. Then we arrange a pickup/drop off, sorta like a drug deal, more of like a bundt deal. After that we usually lament about how delicious the cakes were and how we should open a franchise in central Nebraska (yeah right). BUT they did just open a location in Lincoln, which means bundt deliciousness is only 80 miles away. Two points for central Nebraska!
As part of my contribution to this blog, I'd love to share with you some of my favorite things. I live for Oprah's Favorite Things at the end of every year and quite often think, "hmm I have quite a few favorite things of my own!" So my first favorite thing...Nothing Bundt Cakes! 

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! As a person who has severe food allergies, especially to food preservatives, stabilizers, flavor enhancers .....oh the almighty shelf life! I can only dream of what those Bundt delights taste like! But I would like to share one of my favorite things (food) Five Guys Burger and Fries......Fries, best ever, made fresh and as healthy as you can get when it comes to Fries! I think there are actually stores in Lincoln or Omaha The Hamburgers are also good and the meat is pure and fresh BEEF! Yummy I hope both of you can try them and give me your feedback! & don't forget your bundt dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Googled 3 Five Guys in Omaha and one in Lincoln, 2 locations close to Nothing Bundt Cakes! :)

    ReplyDelete