Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cabo

This high maintenance girl was invited to go to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico last week, and what a lucky girl I was!! My husband co-founded Docs Wildlife Blends and "Sarge" from Aurora Coop sponsors the wildlife feed and mineral business that is Docs. Sarge owns two boats in Cabo, "Go Deep" and "Go Deeper". Sarge was headed down to Cabo to deep sea fish and we got to come along!

I am far from a world traveler but I've been to several places in Mexico and Cabo is the most beautiful place I've been. The water is a beautiful blue, the marina and surrounding shops are pretty and inviting, and the locals are so kind.

As you can imagine, I spent most of my time in the pool, lounging and relaxing as a good high maintenance girl does. The guys went out on the boats from early in the morning until sunset. This trip, the day before we left, I decided to try to be one of the guys. I went out on the "Go Deeper" in the morning with a sea sickness patch behind my ear and the Sea of Cortez on the horizon.

The day started really well with a cool breeze and calm waters. I kicked back, relaxed, and sang some tunes wthere he other sea faring gals (Bobbi and Sabrina who might as well be mermaids for their propensity for sea life). Then about mid afternoon, Sarge hooked up a big ol Marlin!! Knowing I was the fishing virgin of the trip, he yelled out, "Caroline! Grab the rod and start reeling!". Throwing caution and a lipstick refresher to the wind, I jumped in the chair and started fighting that marlin! I heaved and I heaved and I reeled and I reeled, all the while envisioning my success photo with that Marlin beast! My husband was coaching me and the excitement was palpable... And then that beast Marlin broke the line and escaped. Or at least that's my opinion- it couldn't have anything to do with my virgin fishing skills;)

Now, from there my fishing adventure starting going downhill. At no fault of the Go Deepers fearless captain, Frankie, (who by the way has won multiple fishing tournaments, making the Go Deep and the Go Deeper synonymous with success) I started feeling a bit queasy. Determined not to be the loser of the Go Deeper, I curled up on the deck and thought happy thoughts. Three hours later, it is clear to me that although I loved the experience and the company kept, sea life ain't for the faint hearted or for the high maintenance.

Thanks Sarge, Bobbi, Frankie, Sydni, and all of the other lovely Cabo friends who always make Cabo the paradise get away it is. And if you find yourself in Cabo, check out the Go Deep and Go Deeper and catch some big ol trophy fish like Sarge and Decker and Tim and Frankie and numerous others!! Tell em the Cows and Couture lady sent ya;)

No comments:

Post a Comment